Star City 2017
2017 Lafayette Jefferson Marching Band
September 9, 2017
Star City Invitational at LJHS
- Students should eat a good meal before rehearsal begins.
- Students who drive must park off campus. All campus parking will be reserved for visiting bands and Star City patrons. Remember that walking from off campus will require extra time to get to the building!
- Remember to bring all uniform items for performance.
- Plan to wear your show shirt if you want to get into the show at no charge.
- Tickets for Star City are $7 each. Please let other family members know!
- Parent volunteers will receive a wrist-band to enter for free.
- Please plan to arrive early! The stands will be full of other patrons supporting our visiting schools. It would be a good idea to arrive around 7:30pm, which is during awards for Classes D & C, before Classes B & A begin performances. The stands will fill up quickly during this time frame.
11:00am Doors unlocked – building open
12:00pm Rehearsal Begins on Scheumann Stadium
3:45pm Rehearsal Ends
Students may watch performances, or may choose to go home for a few hours. Students will not be permitted to “hang out” in the Rohrman Center during the contest. During this time, students are encouraged to rest and must eat a good meal before the evening call time.
4:59pm First band performs
6:30pm Report back to Jeff High School
7:30pm Dressed and ready. Warm up sequence begins
9:06pm Exhibition Performance
9:19pm Class B & A Awards
9:45pm Students Dismissed